A J Morrisroe & Sons Ltd is a leading UK based construction company specializing in a large and complex range of
substructure and superstructure services including, groundworks, complex temporary works & basement solutions, PT
installation, as well as high rise jumpform & slipform structures based and operating in the UK.
Our experience, capabilities and pragmatic but innovative approach has allowed us to build a reputation for excellence,
health & safety, and responsible business delivery. As a result, over the last 30 years we have delivered some of the UK’s
premium landmark high rise, public and commercial buildings.
A J Morrisroe & Sons Ltd recognises that slavery and human trafficking remains a hidden blight on our global society and
we are committed to identifying our responsibility by alerting staff to the risks, however small, in our business and in
the wider supply chain. Staff are expected and encouraged to report concerns to management, where they are expected
to act upon them.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern-day slavery or human trafficking in our business, an ongoing
commitment from previous years, with an aim to increase auditing and ensuring compliance in our supply chain. Our
Anti-Slavery Policy Statement reflects our commitment to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships,
and to implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place
anywhere in our business or supply chain.
This policy considers, and supports, the policies, procedures and requirements documented in our Integrated
Management System, compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001:2007, as
well as our CSR, Equality & Diversity, Whistleblowing policies and Fair Recruitment procedures. Breaches of these policies
may result in disciplinary action and removal from our approved suppliers list. This policy shall be communicated
internally and externally, and will be regularly reviewed by the Managing Director to ensure its continuing suitability and
relevance to the company activities.
The Company will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk and ensure due diligence in the
following ways (but not limited to):
• Ensure all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work;
• Encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
• The company will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
• We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors
comply with our values.
• To ensure a higher level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and
supply chain, we intend to provide training to our staff and requirements to our suppliers and subcontractors.
• More stringent auditing of our supply chain’s Modern Day Slavery Policy (No such steps yet taken.)
We use the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been to ensure that slavery
and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
• Compliance with our commitment through use of labour monitoring and payroll systems;
• Compliance from external audits which include Modern Day Slavery assessment;
• Communication and response from our supply chain and their understanding of, and compliance with, our
• Ensuring our staff receive training in relation to the requirements of the Act.
• Implementation of a Fair Recruitment Policy and procedure.
This policy is in accordance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human
Last Review Date: 6th December 2019