Morrisroe Group Ltd including subsidiary companies A J Morrisroe & Sons Ltd, Houston Cox Central Ltd, GSS Piling Limited, &Cantillon Ltd are leading UK based construction companies specializing in a large and complex range of substructure and superstructure services including groundworks, complex temporary works and basement solutions, post-tensioned slab design and installation, as well as high rise structures, piling and demolition, carpentry and joinery services including the design, manufacture and installation of bespoke and standard joinery.
Our experience, capabilities and pragmatic but innovative approach has allowed us to build a reputation for excellence, health &safety, and responsible business delivery. As a result, over the last 30 years we have delivered some of the UK’s premium landmark high rise, public and commercial buildings.
Morrisroe Group and subsidiary companies recognise that slavery and human trafficking remains a hidden blight on our global society and we are committed to identifying our responsibility by alerting staff to the risks, however small, in our business and in the wider supply chain. Staff are expected and encouraged to report concerns to management, where they are expected to act upon them.
We are committed to ensuring that there is no modern-day slavery or human trafficking in our business, an ongoing commitment from previous years, with an aim to increase auditing and ensuring compliance in our supply chain. Our Anti-Slavery Policy Statement reflects our commitment to act ethically and with integrity in all our business relationships, and to implement and enforce effective systems and controls to ensure slavery and human trafficking is not taking place any where in our business or supply chain.
This policy considers, and supports, the policies, procedures, risk assessments and requirements documented in our Integrated Management System, compliant with the requirements of ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015 and ISO 45001:2015, as well as our CSR, Equality & Diversity, Anti Bully, Right To Work, Anti Corruption& Bribery, Whistleblowing and Fair Recruitment policies and procedures. Breaches of these policies may result in disciplinary action and removal from our approved suppliers list. This policy shall be communicated internally and externally, and is approved by the Board of Directors to ensure its continuing suitability and relevance to the company activities.
Morrisroe Group & Subsidiary companies will achieve these aims by our initiative to identify and mitigate risk and ensure due diligence in the following ways (but not limited to):
• Ensure all employees are paid at least the minimum wage and have the right to work.
• Encourage the reporting of concerns and the protection of whistle blowers.
• No forced labour, human trafficking is practiced and employment is freely chosen.
• No discrimination is tolerated.
• The company will not knowingly support or deal with any business involved in slavery or human trafficking.
• We have zero tolerance to slavery and human trafficking. We expect all those in our supply chain and contractors comply with our values.
• To ensure a higher level of understanding of the risks of modern slavery and human trafficking in our business and supply chain, we intend to provide training to our staff and requirements to our suppliers and subcontractors.
• Establish and assess areas of potential risk in our supply chains.
• Monitor potential risk areas in our business and supply chains
• Increase auditing of our supply chain’s Modern Day Slavery Policy
We use the following key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure how effective we have been to ensure that slavery and human trafficking is not taking place in any part of our business or supply chains:
• Compliance with our commitment through use of labour monitoring and payroll systems;
• Verification checks of right to work documentation;
• Communication and response from our supply chain and their understanding of, and compliance with, our expectations;
• Ensuring our staff receive training in relation to the requirements of the Act.
• Implementation of a Fair Recruitment procedure.
This policy is in accordance with Section 54 of the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and constitutes our slavery and human trafficking statement for financial year ending 31st October 2020.
Date of Review: 29thMarch 2021