Our Graduate Engineers are involved in design management, information flow, temporary works design and management, setting out, material call off, and the implementation of our quality control process for completed works.
In addition to this you will be responsible for:
- Primary and Secondary horizontal and vertical setting out controls, providing detailed line and level setting out for all aspects of the works.
- Instrument Calibration – checking of instruments and measuring equipment, instrument checks, such as EDM’s, auto-level, laser level, optical plum.
- Concrete Technology; Sampling, concrete workability, and compressive strength testing.
- Material management, drainage, concrete, and reinforcement checking and call off.
- Temporary works management, formwork and falsework design and installation.
- Quality control process, implementing inspections and test plans for all elements of construction to ensure compliance with drawings and specifications.
- Resolving unexpected technical difficulties that may arise at any time, communicating with the team as appropriate.
- Information / Communication Management - QA documentation, use of CAD and BIM. Identifying and raising queries and questions relating to the permanent works design.
- Health, Safety & Environmental; monitoring and statutory inspections
London and Birmingham
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree/HNC qualified, or equivalent, in civil engineering
- CSCS Card (mandatory)
- Experience in using AutoCAD and MS Office
- Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
Pay and benefits:
You will be offered a competitive salary, 22 days annual holiday (plus bank holidays). In addition to this you will have access to a variety of high street discounts, a cycle to work scheme, and a workplace pension.